If God doesn’t change the situation, He changes us for the situation.

6:54 AM Posted by Unknown


 We have fire in our hands, dreams in our hearts, and no concept of limitation in our heads. And so we live.
We don’t have to wait to until we get burned. We can confess our limitations and the limitations of the things we have, the money we’ve earned, the stuff we’ve acquired. We can be honest and admit that a car will not make us invincible in bad weather, that a security system will not prevent a break-in, that a good investment strategy can’t guarantee retiring as a millionaire. All these things are good, and they increase the probability of your desired outcomes. But they make no absolute promises. The simple act of acknowledging that can free you from a reliance on the wrong thingsTo confess our limits, to surrender our dreams and embrace the ordinary, to hold power loosely and even turn down the chance to gain more—these are unlikely, uncommon spiritual disciplines that can help us remain God-dependent even in the midst of plenty~Glenn Packiam

Of late God has been dealing with me intimately and giving me lessons that I wouldn’t learn otherwise. He was showing me, my own limitations to myself. (Though at times I tend to believe in “All is possible”, “Unlimited Potential” Bla bla bla)  Its illusion. Now I want to tell my blog readers few things..
  1.  The things I was passing through in life revealed things about-me to me which is already known to GOD.  The more I know my limitations; my dependency on Him grew. Often times the areas I think I’m good at got tested through circumstances and I realize i might be good at it but not that good. And that is why I need God. I found the trial of my faith as precious.
  2. If  you think you won’t go through what other people go through. It might even make you arrogant. But when a time comes and stuffs hit you flat on your face, and bring you down on your knees. Now I understand God made me limited so that I couldn’t praise myself. Sometimes when I pray I say “God, Why did I go thought that? How come this part of my life doesn’t line up with that part of my life? Why didn’t you fix this?” The lesson for me is when I’m limited I lean on Him. When I am limited i depend on him. Because when I  come out of this season  He doesn’t have to be worried about me being arrogant/prideful because i know that if it has not been for the Lord I wouldn’t make it. That is why I wouldn’t look down on anybody.
  3. We all have to learn about dealing to delayed gratification. Slowly but surely God blesses us in His time.




0 comments:

Post a Comment